Go to content
button menu speaker
button back menu
Back
Home
 Guide
Menu
Extra
Read
Button stickmenu back
button speak button
Back
Guide
Guide
Menu
Extra
Read

St. Nicholas' Chapel


In the Middle Ages, a chapel was built at this place in 1434. Bartholomeo Vella ordered this and there was a rumour, it was from the plans of Lorenzo Gafà. The chapel was replaced by the present church in 1685.

The church which is dedicated to St. Nicholas, has the form of a Greek cross with  a dome in the middle.

Bishop Bartholomeo Ruli mentioned this church in his pastoral visit in 1762.

The church has fallen into disrepair and is no longer being used for religious services.
Holy Mass
The Chapel/Church is no longer used for Holy Mass. Use and holy mass, is only on special occasions.

Additional information



Back to content
This website uses cookies and external links for visitor information and affiliate bookings. By using this website, you agree to our Privacy Policy, Cookie Policy and Terms & Conditions.